mercredi 15 mars 2017

Carp!!!

I love Carp

Carp are probably the most reliable "big fun" fish we have in the state. I grew up on the banks of the Muddy Maple/Upper Grand and I have a deep respect for the common carp. They are super fun to tangle with on hook and line. Their babies sure make pike/catfish and other predators fat also. There was good reason our forefathers brought them here.

I fish them from an ice cold gravel pit occasionally. From good cold clean water the smaller carp are damn fine table fare too. I actually prefer clean water carp to them nasty azz salmon for the table truth be told. When I finally realized how good a fish a carp actually is I quit shooting them with my bow out of respect. If more people respected them like they deserve some fisheries would not be "feed/bait shy" like they are in my opinion.

I love carp, sheepshead, bullheads, suckers, bowfin and all the other red haired stepchildren of the fishing world. If there were more open minds in the U.S others would too.

Click to expand...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Carp!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire