mercredi 15 mars 2017

Oh my God.....

It's definitely concerning. From what I've seen and can recall, this winter is very similar to last, except more extreme at this early point. Last years was very up and down, but at least to this point in the winter, the warm ups were more brief. This weather could be very, very bad if it lasts for too long. The good news is like you guys said, it should cool down soon. It's hard for them to predict weather beyond 7 days, but hopefully the cooldown lasts. It's the back and forth temps that really ruin things, and it seems like when the winter follows those up and down trends, the spring usually does too. An early warmup with 80 degree dry days followed by frosts leaves Mother Nature pretty much screwed. I talked to a lot of people last year who've been doing this for decades, and they all said it was their worst season.

We have two months of winter left. If things stabilize, we get some snow on the ground, and it can last a while, this shouldn't turn out to have too much of an effect. We would just need a more gradual warm up the rest of the way. But I'm definitely worried about it. The way the winter has gone so far, it's hard to see it going back to normal for the next 2-3 months. But I sure hope so. I haven't been doing this as long as most of you, but last year was a tough one for me as well. I by far spent more time hunting than any year before, and still found less. I believe I only picked 100+ one day, out of probably 20+ days spent in the woods. My over all total was around 1050, which was better than a lot of people I talked to, but there were a lot of days where I found less than 50 in an entire day of hunting, and a couple days I got shut out, which hasn't happened since my first year. I won't have three weeks off again this year, so I can't afford such a slow pace. If this year is another repeat of that, I will be doing a lot more spring fishing I guess.

Either way, it is exciting to know that enjoying time spent in the fresh spring woods is only 3 months or so away. Hope everyone has a great season!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Oh my God.....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire