vendredi 23 mai 2014

Anyone else going west this fall?

Are any of trad guys out here headed west for a bowhunt this year? Elk? Deer? Antelope?



Two buddies of mine and I are doing a drop camp hunt for elk in southern Colorado the last week of September. I did a lot of DIY backpack hunting when I lived in Wyoming and I have done one guided elk hunt, which I didn't really care for. This will be a tweener. A wall tent camp will be set up and all the cooking gear will be there. We just bring food and hunting gear. We will camp on private ground and there is a wilderness area that butts up to the private ground. It is 12 miles to the nearest trailhead to get close to us in the wilderness area. I am taking gear to spike out if the urge hits me.



I will be shooting a 60# Schafer Silvertip recurve with Beman MFX 400s, 50 grain inserts and 225 grain heads. I just got home from a walk around the outdoor course at the archery club at daylight and I shot lights out. Now I just need to do a bit more conditioning.



D.P.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire