mercredi 1 mars 2017

elk hunting , good scope for magnum any help

The difference in glass comes at the edges of light - early morning & late afternoon. The better optics have greater light gathering capabilities and more clarity. Both of these characteristics can make or break your shot availability and success.

I have a Nikon slug hunter on my shotgun and then put together a package for my grandson using a Vortex crossfire. I sighted in these two guns side by each and the Vortex was brighter and had better eye relief. Both are considered (by me) to be entry level scopes with the Nikon @ $199 and the Vortex @ 149.99.

Full disclosure - I am a fan of Vortex scopes. I think their Diamondback series compares favorably with the Leupold VX2 while their Viper line I believe is superior to the VX3. I just put a Viper HD on my .450 Bushmaster. If I remember correctly the Viper set me back @ $400.

I had the same experience with binoculars. I had Windriver binoculars in 10X42 ($250) and did a comparison with them, a similar Nikon and the Viper HD. The Viper came out significantly superior to the others but the cost @ $500.

All of the above being said, when I went with a group on a wilderness hunt in Montana, every guide had Swarovski binoculars. They may have pulled up to the trail head in a beater truck but they all carried glass costing thousands.

I can't afford that level of glass but I think the best value for the money is the Vortex line of scopes. Vortex is an American company but their top of line Razor scopes are made in Japan, their Viper and Diamondback brands are made in the Philippines. They come with a fantastic unconditional life time warranty and great customer service.

There are other very good scope brands that are comparable but at every level the Vortex scopes are/tend to be less expensive for the same or better quality.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



elk hunting , good scope for magnum any help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire