mercredi 1 mars 2017

RODHOLDER FOR BOARDWALK RAILING

Beginning about this time of year, I make a few trips to Port Huron to fish the wall on the St Clair River, just downriver from the Bluewater bridge. There is a "boardwalk" along the river here, with a railing (round/metal/tubular type railing). During my past trips, I've seen that some of the guys fishing have wooden, box-type rod holders, attached to the railing. Those wooden rod holders caught my eye as they appeared to be able to hold rods in a very secure manner. I currently use a few rod holders made of a short piece of PVC attached to a piece of metal, secured to the railing by a "U" bolt. Although I haven't had any issues with my PVC rod holders, I question how secure they can hold a rod, especially with a hefty brown or stealhead on the other end. I've seen these wooden, box type holders for sale in a bait & tackle shop in Port Huron, but they were pretty expensive. I've done some searching on the internet & haven't been able to find these wooden rod holders. So, I'm wondering if anyone has any info. about where to buy these things at a reasonable price, or who makes them, or if anyone has any plans on how to build one. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Tight lines.

Click to expand...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



RODHOLDER FOR BOARDWALK RAILING

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire