mercredi 20 novembre 2013

LED Light-up Newton’s Cradle: Clickity-Clackity-Blinkity

I always loved playing with those Newton’s Cradle kinetic motion things when I was a kid. But other than being tested by the Mythbusters in a giant-size version, the classic metal desk toy hasn’t changed much over the years. Until now.


kinetic light newtons cradle 1magnify



What you’re looking at is a new version of the Newton’s Cradle, upgraded with colorful LEDs. What’s cool is the orbs don’t just light up, they detect when they’re clacking against others and change colors when they hit. It’s even more mesmerizing than the original. Here, check it out…



You can choose from three different color modes – one which flashes on impact, another that fades, and yet another that cycles colors through the spheres. Back when I had a “real job” with a proper office, people would come into my office to chat, and I’m sure that they would have sat there and played with this thing for hours. Thank goodness I work from home now, and don’t have to worry about anyone but me (or the cat) playing with it incessantly. I suppose that could still be a problem.


kinetic light newtons cradle 2magnify



Priced at $49.99(USD), the Kinetic Light Newton’s Cradle is a bit pricey, but it’s too neat to ignore. It’s available over at ThinkGeek now.






via Technabob http://technabob.com/blog/2013/11/20/light-up-newtons-cradle/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire