mercredi 1 mars 2017

Kzoo property winter habitat day

Worked hard today at connecting foodplots by way of deer trails. Those trails we opened up with loppers and a saw and widened for buck movement into and out of the thickets.

We also opened new trails and routed prime deer movement to within shooting distance of existing treestands. We made a deer travel route from the east property line through the this stuff all the way to the west property line past my gun stand when I kill my big bucks. The movement will improve exponentially.... we did some hinge cutting to enhance some bedding.

It was crazy to watch deer movement 50 yards away while cutting in this stuff.

We turned some open areas into deer Mecca tornado zones by believe it or not hinge cutting aspen and popular which it very difficult and a habitat hook is a absolute must.

I climbed on top of my quad and hoped up into the cottonwood cluster fu#% to cut and hinge cotton wood 12ft in the air. Stupidest thing I ever did realizing while cutting the tree will squash me like a bug. You can see me standing on top with the huge cotton wood cut and all splintered. It's a screen we made along the road while will get filled in by willow this year.

Lastly we took down a treestand we found from the old land owner. And cut a few shooting lanes and made a buck crossing 10 yards from by honey hole tree which gets used heavily and i shot my 150 inch buck last year when his horns got stuck in the brush

IMG_1046.JPGIMG_1044.JPGIMG_1039.JPGIMG_1042.JPGIMG_1043.JPG

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Kzoo property winter habitat day

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire