mercredi 1 mars 2017

Leasee Authority regarding trespassing

I would agree you should have something in there stating you have rights to tell others to leave. I have a situation where there is 25 acres behind my house. The neghbor does not live there he lives over an hr away. He is a great guy and I have helped him on many occasions with different projects. He has ways granted me permission to be on his land to walk dogs, ride quads,or snowmobiles etc.... a couple of yrs back he started to allow someone to hunt his land. At that point I started staying off it during deer season and directed my family to do the same.

Last yr the guy hunting it showed up with a lease agreement and shoved it in my face. It had 2-3 sentences stating that he was leasing the land from the owner for 2 yrs at a price of $500 per yr. It then stated the lease was only for the purpose of deer hunting during deer season and nothing more.

He told me we had to be off the land until jan1. He was kind of gruff about it. I smiled and shook his hand and introduced myself. Explained that I would gladly respect his wishes. I told him I like my neighbor and we get along great and I wouldn't do anything to hurt that relationship. He then went on to say well I have seen kids back there walking dogs before. I said sure probably in sept. We run the bird dog often. The neighbor has always granted us permission. I went on to point out that he really should have done a better job on his lease agreement because the way it was worded it sounds like he only has rights to be on the property during deer season and it didn't state anything about rights to exclude others.....the land owner has always given all the neighbors access for recreation. He left my house on good terms. But he had a real problem with all the other neighbors he presented the lease to. He caused a big stir in the neghborhood and I watched as the next door neighbor sent their 4 sons out to ride dirt bikes at dusk on their adjoining 3 acres every night.

Click to expand...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Leasee Authority regarding trespassing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire