mardi 28 février 2017

Building a cabin without a permit

cabin_shed.jpeg I've been down this road before and can tell you what to expect based on my experience.

Bottom line is that i did get "caught" and had to remedy the situation. Which really meant that i paid twice the price of the original permit as a fine, which came out to a total of $150. I also had to request the permit as an "uninhabitable" storage shed.

In hindsight, i'd probably have got the permit ahead of time and said very little about it's intended purpose but either way, i'm violating whenever i use it for my weekend getaways. Technically, they could fine me for sleeping on my property but after going round and round with the local zoning person, we seem to have come to an understanding. She knows i use the shed as a cabin when i'm visiting but she doesn't check it anymore.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Building a cabin without a permit

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire