mardi 28 février 2017

What's the biggest fish on the smallest line question

My biggest was a 45lb tarpon on 8# test.

I was catfishing in the "Aerojet" canal just outside Everglades Park. Our pay had not caught up with us after a PCS move from Japan via Ft. Bragg.

Several of us rented tackle at special services, our plan was to augment our food with fresh caught cats.

The "tackle" was Zebco bait casting reels on really junkie rods.

I saw the rod tip "dip" slightly and I set the hook. Instantly I knew I was in trouble. Catfish don't rocket straight up 3 or 4 feet when hooked!

I chased that fish, having no idea what it was at the time, it was almost midnight, up and down the canal.

After about an hour I managed to land it, only then learning what it was.

That was late 1972. Long before cell phones with cameras. Too bad, I be Zebco would have loved to have had pictures of that catch!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What's the biggest fish on the smallest line question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire