lundi 27 février 2017

Shotgun story

Last evening my neighbor gave me his Ithaca Model 37 pump shotgun in 20 gauge that he received when he started hunting. It sat in a closet for 25 years and was badly rusted on the receiver and barrel, but not pitted. I spent some time with oil and fine steel wool lightly rubbing the receiver and barrel. The rust came right off. I touched up a few spots with G96 gun blue then cleaned the barrel. A light coat of boiled linseed oil was applied to the forearm and stock. When completed the shotgun was impressive.

I returned the shotgun to my neighbor and he was amazed. I could not keep his shotgun because it had sentimental value. His teenage daughter now wants to use it to shoot clay pigeons. Everybody was happy. All the best...
Gil

Click to expand...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Shotgun story

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire