mardi 28 février 2017

Year of the Beast

The east side has a lot of smaller Steelhead this year. Not sure why. Bigger fish are 8#, "decent fish are 5#-6#, and lots are Skippers. Some 20" fish have eggs, and milt. I haven't caught a colored up fish yet, and they fight like demons for their size.

I fished at 6th St for a couple hours, on Thanksgiving. I had 1 bite, and landed a 10# fish. I saw other fish caught, and none were smaller than mine, while I was there. Lake Michigan is producing good numbers of big Steelhead right now. I don't think planting more Steelhead will significantly reduce the forage enough to make them a lot smaller, but who knows? Steelhead have a pretty diverse diet. But they get big, and fat on Alewives.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Year of the Beast

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire