lundi 27 février 2017

I might be done with Leupold..

It appears, not only in my own case but also a friends, that the Leupold VX6 scopes just can't handle the recoil that an Ultimate muzzleloader give it.
Mine blew up 10 days ago for the second time. The recoil from these rifles is pretty violent, as evident when it destroyed the Leupold standard mounts and rings on my rifle, along with blowing out the scope. A friend had the same issue happen with his Ultimate too.

I contacted Leupold a week ago Friday, they looked at their records and told me that there was no reason not to exchange it with one of the new VX6-HD models, but he also mentioned a refund. Problem with the replacement, because of production I most likely wouldn't get it until sometime in April! He asked that I call him back in a few days and maybe by then he would know more about the production schedule.
Friday I talked with Leupold and they're thinking about finding me a "loaner". Which basically means they're going to find a returned and repaired scope to let me use until the HD becomes available. He said he'd call me back on Monday (tomorrow) and let me know. Before the conversation was over, I asked him directly about a refund, which he told me that it was an option. I have three competitions coming up in May and darn it, I need to be shooting now, especially with the radial never issue I still experience.
After thinking about this for the last 10 days, I believe I'm inclined to ask for the refund and just replace the Leupold with a Nightforce. I've just lost all confidence in the VX6 model scopes to handle the recoil from my rifle. Having confidence in one's equipment is a MUST and not a hope.

What say ye...............

Let's block ads! (Why?)



I might be done with Leupold..

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire